The Racing Drones are a bunch of robots built for driving by the Accelerons. Their leader is Gelorum. Their team colors are black and green, and they have their own alphabet, which is actually translatable. They have more advanced technology, and unlimited amounts of cars and drivers. They have the ability to copy Accelechargers.
The Drones were built by the Accelerons to win. But they had forgotten what it means to compete, and not just win. So the Accelerons got rid of them. The drones hid deep underground until the humans learned to use what the Accelerons left for them.
In World Race, Gelorum was thought to be the head of CLYP, a mysterious company who hired Kurt Wylde to win the World Race for them. Near the end of World Race, it is revealed that Gelorum is in fact a robot. The "drones" had a lot of changes to them done in the events before Igniton, as they are different colors and resemble robots more than humans.
No one knows where the Drones' old location was in World Race, but before the events portrayed in Ignition, the Drones' probably resided underground. (maybe)
RD-L1 - Racing Drone Leutenant 1
RD-S1 - Racing Drone Soldier 1
MD-01 - Motorcycle Drone 1
RD-W1 - Racing Drone Worker 1
RD-Kadeem - Brian Kadeem
Gelorum - The Leader of the Racing Drones
- The Drones are the only team to have invented a Hyperpod.
- The Drones have the longest winning streak of any team, however, two of these realms only Drones competed in.
- In Ignition, Gelorum downloaded the memories of one of the racing drones into a new robot, threatening to delete them if the drone failed again. This suggests a potential consciousness still residing in the drones, most notably the leading drones, which are prone to human-like emotions such as fear, anger, and disdain. Granted that many racers have been lost in the realms and may have been captured by the drones, it is possible that the leading drones hold the minds of past racers. However, this theory is unconfirmed.
- At the end of the Ultimate Race, "Sparky" is the only other Drone besides Gelorum to have met an Acceleron.
- It is unclear whether the drones can copy Accelechargers, or just put them into a machine which splits up the power.